VulcaLap® aluminium cladding and rainscreen system is designed to simulate traditional shiplap weatherboarding whilst providing the traditional superior performance of modern construction materials.
VulcaLap® comprises extruded aluminium planks with patented plank-end jointing and concealed, sliding fittings. It is available in two styles: tongue and groove board or traditional shiplap. Standard lengths are 3, 4 or 5m, with special lengths custom-made up to 6.2m maximum.
The product is suitable for use on high-rise buildings in exposed locations, as lightweight weather protection, and as cladding for modern methods of construction.
- Commercial, education and residential
- Lightweight rainscreen cladding
- High-rise buildings over 18m
- Exterior cladding
- Overcladding and infill cladding
- Soffits, fascia and bargeboard
- Sustainable and recyclable material
- Lightweight - easier to transport and install
- Highly corrosion-resistant
- Hidden fixings for an attractive, contemporary finish
- Low maintenance
- Available in a choice of finishes, including a wide range of colours
- Fast lead times
- Manufactured in the UK
Aluminium is an extremely versatile material, and is approximately one-third the weight of steel. VulcaLap® extrusions are designed to give robust and accurate installations.
Aluminium is also a highly sustainable material. More than 55% of the world’s primary aluminium is produced using hydroelectric power, and it requires low expenditure of energy for recycling. Once recycled, it can be used for the same application as before, with no loss of performance.
- Powder-coated colours
- Silver or bronze anodised
Powder-coated finishes are available in a wide range of colours, gloss levels and textures. Silver and bronze anodised finishes enhance the natural weathering resistance of the aluminium and give a consistent finish. Wood-effect finishes are available in 11 styles.
- Anodised finishes: A1 fire rated
- Powder-coated finishes: A2 fire rated
VulcaLap® can be cut with any fine-toothed metalworking tool or machinery, and is fixed to either a timber frame support system or a metal rainscreen support system. Purpose-designed fixing accessories must be used.