VulcaLucent™ GRP cladding panels are manufactured using embossed polyester film, light stabilised polyester resins, and E-type glass fibre with resin-rich surfaces. They have either a smooth or crinkled surface texture, and can be supplied with a colour tint and wire mesh reinforcement if required.
Face sizes: up to a maximum 5000 x 1520mm. Thicknesses: from 2-8mm, depending on panel fixing centres. Weight: 1.8kg/m2 per mm thickness.
Face sizes: up to a maximum of 8000 x 1200mm, in a variety of profiles, thicknesses and colours.
- Light transmittance: 65-85%
- Modules in bend: 7GN/m2
- Tensile strength: 100MN/m2
- Fire rating: to building regs Class 0-3
- Thermal conductivity: K= 0.2W/mK
- Thermal transmittance (6mm): U= 5.36W/m2 K
- Temperature range: –30 to 100ºC
- Thermal expansion: 30 x 10-6
- Weatherability: high resistance
- Lightfastness: UV stabilised
- Fixing centres: support spacing
Though fixing is usually direct to the substructure, Vulcalucent™ can be glazed into frames using beads and sealant or gaskets. The panels can be cut, shaped and drilled on-site if required. Shallow crinkle surfaces should be installed facing the UV light.