Product / system manufacture
Product / system supply
Parsons + Whittley Architects
Grocott and Murfit Ltd
Celcon Block Standard Grade
Architects designing a single bungalow in Norfolk to Passivhaus standards specified H+H’s Celcon Block Standard Grade for the internal leaf and external leaf to the timber boarded elevations on the structure. H+H products were selected due to delivery time, speed of construction, stability and thermal mass.
140m2 of aircrete blocks: H+H 140mm and 100mm Celcon Block Standard Grade 3.6N - thermal conductivity of 0.15W/m2K.
The inner aircrete shell took three weeks to build before being faced with timber and brick.
The brick faced walls have a U-value of 0.098W/m2K and the timber-faced walls have a U value of 0.096 W/m2K - a 300mm cavity is fully filled with Polypearl Platinum graphite EPS bead insulation.
H+H’s Celcon Block Standard Grade is a key contributor to achieving these results with a thermal conductivity of 0.15W/m2K.
- Provides a fast, watertight masonry shell to enable internal trades to start sooner
- Meets or exceeds Part L and Part E of the Building Regulations
- Simplifies the construction process
- 80% recycled material
- A+ rating in BRE Green guide
- Excellent thermal and acoustic properties
- All components for the Rå Build method available off the shelf
- Block-work is highly adaptable, allowing for any last minute design changes
- Air permeability of 0.12m³/hr/m²
- Celfix mortar can be stored within footprint of building - small quantities mixed as required
- Class 0 rating for surface spread of flame
- Internal and external leaf in cavity walls
- Solid walls
- Separating / party walls
- Flanking walls