Roundwood Design has over 15 years' experience designing and manufacturing roundwood timber frames for a variety of structures, from raised platforms and towers to complete buildings.
The company has extensive expertise in providing cost-effeective solutions for all post and beam frames, and has worked on many projects such as barns, events venues and multi-functional agricultural buildings,
Design and planning
- Working either from architects drawings or directly with the client, ideas are developed through to the finished build
- A concept design process takes clients through ideas to show what is possible.
- 3D CAD models are produced for each design to help clients visualise a project, and for later use in manufacturing
- All aspects of the planning application process can be taken on
- Each pole is carefully selected to suit its function within the frame
- The bark is removed using a high pressure jet of collected rain water to leave a smooth natural finish
- Working from the CAD model, every round wood component is cut using our unique and highly accurate machining process
- Material is only removed where necessary, leaving the natural shape and strength of the timber intact
- Minimal concrete pads are used, and frames are tailored to fit the land form using site levels
- All timber is held off the ground using high density polythene spacers or galvanised steel to ensure longevity of the structure
- Structures are installed using the most appropriate plant or machinery, such as hand winches or spider cranes
- All joints are calculated and cut in the workshop prior to arriving on site, thereby reducing cost and installation time
- Roundwood Design has experience of many different types of building work and the company is happy to take the project through to completion
- Alternatively, Roundwood Design can provide clients or their builder with a complete design document including drawings and CAD model to ensure a smooth transition onto the next phase of the project.