The Kee Cover® range of rooflight protection has been designed specifically for use on metal profile roofs. It provides an effective solution for protecting rooflights and skylights without blocking the light into the building.
The range is component-based, making it easier to transport to the roof and assemble on site. Standard mesh panels, supplied 2m long and 1m wide, sit onto the metal frame which is constructed from Kee Klamp® fittings. 2 or 1m long x 1m wide extension panels are available for larger rooflights and skylights.
Kee Cover® is available in two formats: one where the cover is virtually flat to the roof surface; and one which is mounted on small legs so that it is raised above the rooflight or skylight. This provides a greater distance between the mesh panel and the rooflight so that the rooflight is not damaged in the event of a fall.
High safety standards
Fully tested to meet or exceed current safety standards including:
- Class B criteria and loadings required in the ACR Red Book Test for Non-Fragility of Roof Assemblies: this ensures a dropped mass (45kg free-falling a distance of 1.2m) is retained. Some damage to the rooflight is permitted.
- BS EN 1873: 1200 joule test which requires a 50kg mass to be dropped 2.4m and retained and ensuring there are no gaps within the mesh greater than 300mm.
Robust rooflight protection
- Portable component-based system for ease of transportation
- Components and mesh hot dip galvanised for superior durability
- Extension panels available for larger rooflights and skylights
- Variable height caters for different shaped rooflights
- Frame can be colour-coated for improved visibility
- Tested following requirements of ACR Red Book