|Tensile strength (N/5cm)||
Before ageing: MD 390N (- 80N); CD 230N (- 60N) / After ageing: MD 330N (- 80N); CD 190N (- 60N)
RoofTX® CONSEAL is an integral tape underlay, specifically used to seal horizontal laps thus contributing to increased thermal efficiency by reducing air infiltration and convective heat loss. It also improves wind uplift performance.
- Single taped product
- Available in a range of weights
- Hot-melt, pressure-sensitive adhesive well suited to polypropylene
- Excellent adhesion and quick stick abilities
- Ease of application and flexibility of joint position
- High levels of loop tack, peel adhesion and heat resistance
- Less bulky than more traditional, dual taped products; reduced waste
Once the underlay is in position remove the protective covering over the tape and bring the two layers of underlay together. There is no need to align two tapes for a “tape to tape” bond as the adhesive has been carefully selected to stick on contact and provide a secure bond after applying minimal pressure*. In fact, once bonded RoofTX® CONSEAL performs extremely well at low temperatures and the addition of a UV stabiliser in the adhesive offers excellent durability of the joint.
*Please note with temperatures between 5-10°C, additional pressure may be required to ensure effective adhesion.