The ACO Bat Box provides a sheltered place for bats to roost or hibernation, which can be built into new or existing walls.
- Protruding top lip acts as a weathershield and prevents rain running into the box from above
- Small platform at the base for bats to use when leaving or arriving
- Inside of box is grit-blasted to provide a surface for the bats to grip
- Wooden insert is fitted to the inside back face, also providing a suitable gripping surface
- Front panel is removable for inspection and cleaning. This should only be done by a suitably licensed person when it is clear that the box is not being used.
The box is three standard brick courses high and half a brick course in width, so is easy to build in to a wall during construction.
Alternatively the box may be retrospectively built in, by cutting out a suitable area, or it can be fixed to the face of an existing wall.