GS-50TB ladder access roof hatches are designed for personnel access where a fixed vertical ladder is being used and has the added advantage of a double-skin polycarbonate dome to allow natural daylight into the area below.
They feature a thermally broken frame and cover design that minimizes heat transfer between interior and exterior metal surfaces, giving a high degree of thermal efficiency. They are supplied with 75mm of polyisocyanurate insulation to both the upstand and the cover.
The cover is fitted with a closed-cell EPDM gasket designed to reduce the air leakage though the closed cover, ensuring that the air leakage requirements of Building Regulations Part L are achieved.
- Material: Cover and frame 2.3mm aluminium
- Cover: Aluminium extrusion with built-in condensation drainage channel and clear polycarbonate double domes. Domes are coated for UV-resistance.
- Curb: 305mm in height with integral capflashing, 75mm polyisocyanurate insulation, fully welded at corners, and 140mm mounting flange with 11mm holes provided for securing frame to the roof deck.
- Gasket: Extruded EPDM rubber gasket permanently adhered to cover. Air leakage performance 4.83m3/hr/m2 @ 600 Pa Tested to BS EN 12207: 2000
- Hinges: Heavy-duty pintle hinges with 9.5mm type 316 stainless steel hinge pins.
- Latch: Slam latch with interior and exterior turn handles and padlock hasps.
- Lift Assistance: Compression spring operators enclosed in telescopic tubes. Automatic hold-open arm with grip handle release.
- Finish: Mill finish aluminium
- Hardware: Engineered composite compression spring tubes with steel compression springs packed in grease. Type 316 Stainless steel hinges. All other hardware is zinc plated/chromate sealed.