Kinetics ™ KIP noise, shock, and vibration fibreglass isolators can be used in a wide range of noise, shock, and vibration isolation applications, and are recommended whenever predictable dynamic response and permanent load support characteristics are important.
Kinetics ™ KIP isolators are superior to all pad-type isolation media developed to date. Permanent and dynamically predictable, due to precise manufacturing methods using inorganic materials, this isolation media provides a freedom of design and use that is unprecedented by any other material.
KIP isolators comprise a high-density matrix of compressed moulded fibreglass; individually coated with a flexible, moisture-impervious elastomeric membrane, and designed to allow controlled air movement in the fibre media. The pumping action of air between fibres provides viscous damping, reducing the motion caused by transient shock and vibration.
A range of densities and spring rates are available to provide load-bearing capacities from 1 to 500 PSI (0.07-35kg per cm2).
• Vibration isolation - support mounts for high-speed fans, pumps and chillers.
• Noise isolation - floating floors.
• Shock isolation - support mounts for punch presses, metal shears and similar industrial process machinery.
• Inorganic fibreglass media
• Flexible elastomeric coating
• Constant natural frequency in wide load range
• Permanent and predictable resiliency
• Predictable dynamic response
• High-energy dissipation
• Controlled viscous damping