|Dimensions (w x t)||
JB-RED is a premier roofing batten and the first fully pre-graded roofing batten available to the roofing industry. This means there is no need to grade the battens on site, thus saving time for the roofing contractor.
This batten meets the strength requirements of BS 5534:2003+A1:2010, and was developed following extensive work carried out with the BRE (Building Research Establishment). They are marked according to BS 5534:2003+A1:2010 showing supplier name, origin / species, grade (BS5534) and size.
JB-RED completely meets the NHBC requirements for fully graded roofing battens. Its distinctive red colour means that it is highly visible on site, therefore Local Authority Building Control, NHBC and other inspectors can see that high quality, pre-graded roofing battens have been used.
All JB-RED has full chain of custody FSC or PEFC credentials.
• UKAS third party assessed bythe BBA (British Board of Agrement) for the product and the process.
• Manufactured from slow grown, high grade timbers, selected from the approved species within BS 5534:2003+A1:2010.
• Treated to BS 8417:2011 Usage Class 2, using Osmose® Protim Clear Choice.
• Carries 60 year lifetime guarantee against insect attack and wood rotting fungi (when installed correctly in accordance with the requirements of Usage Class 2).
• Packaged in easy to handle bundles of 10.
• Significantly less wastage as it has been pre-graded. Reduced theft as it is easy to spot if used elsewhere on site.
• Quicker to fix.
• Machined to give a consistent 25mm thick batten.
• Safer for the fixing teams.