DELTA® MS-500 is an HDPE, dimpled cavity drain membrane with 8mm studs designed as a seepage layer for damp-proofing applications.
DELTA® MS-500 cavity drain membranes can be used for waterproofing above and below ground on walls, floors and vaulted ceilings in light water ingress situations.
It can also be used in new construction or in existing buildings over a contaminated or damp background.
MS-500 is supplied in 2.4 / 2.0 x 20m rolls.
Dry lining, screed or flooring support
DELTA® MS-500 can support a dry lining, screed or flooring, in the following situations:
- On damp walls and floors in underground situations subject to high groundwater levels, and perennial moisture
- On vaulted ceilings of archways or cellars subject to water ingress
- In conjunction with a remedial dpc system where the walls and floors have a high salt content
- Where it is necessary to complete the installation immediately without allowing a period for initial drying
- Over walls and floors with friable or painted surfaces
- Over walls and floors with oil or mould contamination
- Over walls and floors with a high salt content
- As a structural waterproofing membrane in areas subject to vibration
Depending on the application required and the site conditions, the membrane may be used as:
- An underfloor damp-proof membrane
- A dry lining for walls, ventilated into the room via aeration slots at the top and bottom of the wall or via passive air vents, where access through an external wall is available
- A sealed system covering wall, floor and ceiling with provision made for disposing of water build-up behind the membrane via a sump and pump.
- Material: high density polyethylene
- Temperature resistance: – 30°C to + 80°C
- Thickness: approx. 0.6mm
- Stud height: approx. 8 mm
- Roll size: 2m x 20m / 2.4m x 20m
- Compressive strength: > 250 kN/m2
- Chemical properties: resistant to chemicals, resistant to root penetration, rotproof, neutral towards drinking water
- Drainage (l/s · m): approx. 2.25 l/s · m
- Drainage (l/min · m): approx. 135 l/min · m
- Drainage (l/h · m): approx. 8100 l/h · m
- Behaviour in fire: Class E