Cascadia brand Rebated Bevel is produced for Silva by Terminal Forest Products, a world-class manufacturer of Western Red Cedar products with an unrivalled reputation for quality. The wood fibre is from second-growth logs harvested in coastal forests of British Columbia, Canada.
- Size: 18 x 187mm.
- Grade: Select Knotty.
- Profile: Rebated bevel is a tapered profile that overlaps to create well-defined shadow lines.
- Installation: Horizontal
- Surface texture: SAWTEX™ fine sawn texture on the face.
- Moisture content: Kiln-dried at source to 12–15%.
- Colour: Palette of rich, warm wood tones, which vary from light amber to dark reddish-brown.
- Durability: When properly finished and maintained, Western Red Cedar will deliver decades of trouble-free service. It has a decay resistance of durability class 2 (durable) according to the EN 113 standard.
- Stability: Western Red Cedar has excellent dimensional stability because of its low wood density and shrinkage factor. Shrinkage and swelling are minimal, displaying only small movements with changes in humidity.
- Density: The wood of Western Red Cedar is light, weighing 330 to 340 kg/m3 when kiln-dried (12-15% moisture content).
- Thermal properties: Wood generally is an excellent thermal insulator, but Western Red Cedar has a particularly good insulation value because of its low wood density. Its coefficient of thermal conductivity (k) is 0.11 W/m °C at 12% moisture content.
- Acoustic properties: Western Red Cedar is particularly effective when used as interior panelling to dampen vibrations and absorb sound.
- Kiln-dried: Cascadia Western Red Cedar is kiln-dried, giving it many advantages. The process improves dimensional stability, permits the immediate application of a coating, and enables installation with minimal site acclimatisation.
- Grading: Cascadia Rebated Bevel is produced exclusively from ‘Select Knotty’ grade Western Red Cedar. The grade is characterised by well-interspersed sound tight (live) knots.
- Sourcing/certification: Western Red Cedar is sourced from the most sustainably managed forests in the world in British Columbia, Canada, and comes with PEFC certification.
- Coatings: The application of a coating is necessary to protect the wood and optimise its appearance over time. The coating should be applied to all surfaces, including ends, before installation. Choose from our wide range of high-performance wood coating systems.
- Factory coating service: Cascadia Rebated Bevel cladding can be supplied factory coated. Having the coating pre-applied on all sides enables it to be installed at any time of year, regardless of the weather or temperature.
- Cascadia Western Red Cedar fascia and trim boards: View our range of Cascadia boards. Available in 6 widths, they are perfect for fascias, barge boards, door and window reveals, and many more uses.