PH Insulation's are three-layer SIP panels consist of two oriented strand boards (OSB) and a layer of insulation made of solid polyurethane foam.
The panels have exceptional energy-saving properties and excellent strength. Houses built of SIP panels create comfortable living in any climatic conditions.
- Panel thickness: 80, 100, 125, 175 or 225mm
- Width: 1250mm
- Length: 2500mm
- Board: rigid oriented strand board (OSB) produced by Egger (Germany); thickness 6-12mm.
- Filler: fine-celled polyurethane foam from Dow Chemical components; density - 42-45kg/m3; thermal conductivity coefficient of insulation k = 0.022W/m2K; excellent adhesion properties of polyurethane foam provide a strong connection between the filler and OSB boards
- The ends of the panels are closed with bars, which are used for connection according to the tongue-and-groove principle. Walls and corners of rooms assembled from SIP panels are perfectly straight.
Advantages of SIP panels
- High insulating properties can significantly reduce the cost of heating a building
- High strength and durability
- Withstand temperature fluctuations from -50°C to +50°C and maintain a normal temperature inside the building all year round
- High level of environmental safety (hygienic class E1)
- Lightweight construction greatly simplifies installation and speed of construction
About polyurethane (PU)
Polyurethane foam is a lightweight and durable material that was invented in 1937. Polyurethane is made up of small closed cells. 3% of its volume is solid material, and 97% cells filled with gas. As a result polyurethane foam efficiently holds the temperature since the thermal conductivity of gases is significantly lower compared to solid materials.