Fibreroll E and Fibreroll EW fire curtains provide up to three hours' fire integrity between fire compartments, as well an integrated reflective coating which reduces radiated heat to such a large extent that it meets the requirements for a rating of up to EW120.
- Fire resistance to E30, E60, E120 or E180 classifications.
- Radiated heat reduction of 15 kW/m2 to EW30, EW60, EW90 or EW120 classifications.
- Tested to EN1634-1 all in accordance with EN 13501-2, EN15269-11.
- CE marked in keeping with BS EN 13241:2003+A2:2016 and EN 16034.
- Shopping centres
- Reception areas and foyers
- Lift lobbies and lift doors
- Open-plan private residencies
Electric operation is by means of a tubular motor suitable for connection to a 230-volt nominal single-phase supply with gravity failsafe closure in a fire condition. A control panel is provided complying with EN 14637 incorporating operating buttons on the lid and the facility for connection of a normally closed volt free contact from the Client's fire alarm system with a low-level emergency close / reset button. A battery is included to prevent unwanted closing of the curtain in case of power failure. The curtain will automatically descend upon receipt of the fire signal. If the curtain system is to be used on an escape route, only local heat detection can be used. This can be accommodated by operating controls provided by Bolton Gate Company.
The curtain is specially reinforced and coated fibreglass material which is designed to withstand temperatures more than 1000°C. Its thickness is approximately 0.7mm and the weight 780 grams/m2. Bottom rail is dependent upon rating, either a steel bottom rail is attached to the curtain or a loop of curtain is fitted with an integrated weight bar.
The roller is covered by a galvanized steel casing which also acts as a fire seal at the head.
Side guides are manufactured from galvanised steel and formed into a slimline profile which is prepared for bolting to the opening structure.
The roller comprises a 101mm diameter steel tube in which the tubular motor is fitted at one end and steel shafts / discs at the other.
Galvanised steel endplates are provided with integrated angles to simplify installation.
The curtain is supplied in a neutral grey colour with the side guides, bottom rail, and coil casing powder coated RAL 9010 (Pure White) or RAL 9006 (White Aluminium).
Varies with opening size but approximately 45kg/m².
- Sounder beacon during closing.
- Voice warning during closing.
- Emergency retract via UPS and push button on 1 or 2 sides.
- Two stage or delayed descent.
- Obstruction warning using light curtain or photocell with delayed timer and sounder.
- Side guides, bottom rail and coil casing supplied with polyester powder coated finish to alternative RAL colour from standard range.
- Local heat detector.