PUR Classic Sandwich Panels
Polyurethane foam PUR Classic sandwich panels are designed for the construction of refrigerating chambers, small warehouses, heat-insulation of industrial facilities, construction of technical and auxiliary buildings. They have the elevated hydro and heat insulation properties, are economical and easy to mount. They can have smooth or profiled surface of any RAL color.
WHAT IS PU?
Polyurethane foam is a lightweight and durable material that was invented in 1937 in Germany. Polyurethane is made up of small closed cells. 3% of its volume is solid material, and 97% — cells filled with gas. As a result polyurethane foam perfectly holds the temperature you need: thermal conductivity of gases is lower by tens and hundreds times compared to solid materials.
- Delivers thermal conductivity of up to 0.020 W/(m*K), and with advanced blowing agents up to 0.018 W/(m*K)
- Eco-friendly: used everywhere, from the sole of your shoes and steering wheel in a car to insulation of spacecrafts’ fuel tanks
- Hygienic: used in cold storages for food
- Resistant to mold, mildew. And no rodents or insects: they just don’t eat it
- Preserves unchanged thermal conductivity and other values over time, up to 50 years
HOW IS PUR DIFFERENT FROM PIR?
Polyurethane foam (PUR) and polyisocyanurate foam (PIR) are related polymers of rigid polyurethane foams, which are created as a result of several components’ reaction.
Compared to PUR systems, PIR foam has reduced flammability. Under the influence of flame the outer layer of PIR is charred to form a porous carbon matrix that protects the inner layers and prevents them from burning.
Insulation sandwich panels with PUR Classic are mainly used for the construction of refrigerating and freezing rooms. PUR sandwich panels are also used to build warehouses in earthquake zones: for added strength, these panels can be fastened with eccentric locks.
PIR or Polyiso has more universal applications. PIR Premier sandwich panels are used to build
- Refrigerators, cold and freezing rooms
- Vegetable and fruit storages
- A variety of agricultural facilities: cowsheds, pig farms, poultry houses, etc
- Logistic facilities, refrigerated warehouses
- Production and office buildings, workshops
- Service stations, hangars
Sandwich panels with PIR Premier are also used to modernize and improve energy efficiency of buildings constructed from other materials.
At only .022 W/(m*k), our PIR Premier and PUR Classic panels’ thermal conductivity is lower than any other building material in the world. Because PIR preserves heat or cold more efficiently than other materials, the cost of providing air conditioning or heating is drastically reduced.
You can order PH Insulation sandwich panels with two types of foam:
1) our customized blend PIR Premier, a more advanced polyisocyanurate foam,
2) PUR classic, a polyurethane foam developed by the world’s leading corporations.
PU sandwich panels are widely used in civil and industrial construction for the building of refrigerating chambers, warehouses, hangars and prefabricated buildings. Our PIR Premier panels are EU certified according to EN14509 standard.