Polyurethane foam PUR Classic sandwich panels are designed for the construction of refrigerating chambers, small warehouses, heat-insulation of industrial facilities, and construction of technical and auxiliary buildings. They have elevated hydro and heat insulation properties, are economical and easy to mount. They can have a smooth or profiled surface of any RAL colour.
What is PU?
Polyurethane foam is a lightweight and durable material that was invented in 1937 in Germany. Polyurethane is made up of small closed cells. 3% of its volume is solid material, and 97% cells filled with gas. As a result, polyurethane foam perfectly holds the required temperature: thermal conductivity of gases is lower by tens and hundreds OF times compared to solid materials.
- Delivers thermal conductivity of up to 0.020 W/(m*K), and with advanced blowing agents up to 0.018 W/(m*K)
- Eco-friendly: used everywhere, from the soles of shoes and car steering wheels, to insulation of spacecraft fuel tanks
- Hygienic: used in cold storages for food
- Resistant to mold, mildew, rodents and insects
- Preserves unchanged thermal conductivity and other values over time, up to 50 years
How is PUR different from PIR?
Polyurethane foam (PUR) and polyisocyanurate foam (PIR) are related polymers of rigid polyurethane foams, which are created as a result of several components’ reaction.
Compared to PUR systems, PIR foam has reduced flammability. Under the influence of flame the outer layer of PIR is charred to form a porous carbon matrix that protects the inner layers and prevents them from burning.
Insulation sandwich panels with PUR Classic are mainly used for the construction of refrigerating and freezing rooms. PUR sandwich panels are also used to build warehouses in earthquake zones. For added strength, these panels can be fastened with eccentric locks.
PIR or Polyiso has more universal applications. PIR Premier sandwich panels are used to build:
- Refrigerators, cold and freezing rooms
- Vegetable and fruit storage areas
- Agricultural facilities - cowsheds, pig farms, poultry houses, etc
- Logistic facilities, refrigerated warehouses
- Production and office buildings, workshops
- Service stations, hangars
Sandwich panels with PIR Premier are also used to modernise and improve energy efficiency of buildings constructed from other materials.
At only .022 W/(m*k), PIR Premier and PUR Classic panels’ thermal conductivity is lower than any other building material in the world. Because PIR preserves heat or cold more efficiently than other materials, the cost of providing air conditioning or heating is drastically reduced.
Sandwich panels can be ordered with two types of foam:
- Customised blend PIR Premier - a more advanced polyisocyanurate foam
- PUR Classic, a polyurethane foam developed by the world’s leading corporations
PU sandwich panels are widely used in civil and industrial construction for the building of refrigerating chambers, warehouses, hangars and prefabricated buildings. PIR Premier panels are EU certified according to EN14509 standard.