DampSafe 603 Tile D-Mat iis a composite decoupling mat with an installation height of just 3mm. The blue LDPE (low-density polyethylene) dimpled core has a polypropylene fleece heat-welded to both the upper and lower surfaces, which quickly absorbs adhesives to provide an exceptional bond to both the substrate below and the tiled floor finish above. The material is also elastic and highly impervious to the diffusion of water vapour.
The decoupling mat isolates the finished floor surface from any cracking or movement within the substrate and
provides improved distribution and relief from compressive stress acting on specific points on the floor. Furthermore, the interconnecting air channels around the dimples ventilate the substrate below to equalise vapour pressure.
DampSafe 603 Tile D-Mat is guaranteed against deterioration for 30 years, has a life expectancy of at least 50 years (DIN 9001:2000), and is inert with good compressive stability. It is highly resistant to water, alkalies, saline solutions and organic acids, and is not affected by minerals. It is also resistant to bacteria, fungi and other small organisms.
- Accommodates movement and prevents the transfer of stresses from the substrate to the tiled surface
- Low thermal conductivity of 0.0369 W/mk
- Adds only 33mm to the floor finishes
- Effective air and vapour barrier if joints are sealed
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Load-bearing, tough and durable
- Decoupling of the tiled floor from the substrate below
- Tiled or paved floors
- Floor builds that include underfloor heating systems
- Solid floors of concrete or screed
- Ventilated timber floors
Substrates for DampSafe 603 Tile D-Mat must be structurally sound, dry, level, clean, suitable for problem-free tile installation and in conformance with all applicable standards.