A modified ready-mixed concrete designed for placement into still or moving water with minimal washout. The concrete has a high workability requiring no compactive effort once installed and is ideal for use in difficult access or demanding applications. It is traditionally placed by pump or tremmie pipe direct to the point of placing.
Suitable for ports, harbours, quays, dams and marine and aquatic environments. Can be used in sea and river defence projects
• Prevents washout and segregation of the concrete mix
• Due to the durability of Hydracrete it can provide a cost saving over conventional products when comparing whole life performance costs
• Almost immediate stiffening after placement
• Can be placed in tidal, static, or running conditions
• High workability with no bleeding
• Easily placed/pumped to the project
• Very cohesive, providing strength and protection to the structure
• Minimises the impact to the surrounding flora and fauna environments
• Little or no effect to the water cement ratio.