The Solar Platform is specifically designed to allow safe roof access for solar installation, repair and maintenance. It is suitable for smaller, typically thermal solar jobs and offers a cost-effective alternative to hiring scaffolding for each job.
The 2m-long Solar Platform has adjustable telescopic legs and a rolling window bar, strap-operated legs and a purpose-designed hoist for raising solar panels up to roof level.
The Solar Platform can be transported in either a transit type van or estate car, and can be installed and ready to start work in under 10 minutes.
Features and benefits
- Cost-effective alternative to scaffolding
- No tools required
- Quick and simple to construct
- Height adjustable in seconds
- Can be moved and relocated in seconds
- Consists of only 8 parts
- Lightweight and compact - easy storage and transportation
- Purpose-designed hoist for lifting solar panels to roof level
- Independently adjustable legs to cope with uneven or sloping ground
- Flexibility to quickly change work locations
- Load rating: 600kg uniformly distributed
- Lifting capacity: 75kg
- Weight: 258kg
- Platform size: 2m long x 800mm wide
- Platform height: 3.3-5.5m
- 4m catwalk dimensions: 600mm x 4.6m
- 6m catwalk dimensions: 600mm x 6.6m
- Deckboard: WBP non-slip plywood
- Compliance: EN13374 and EN12811
Different leg lengths are available, making it suitable for the majority of properties. The system copes with uneven or sloping ground as each leg is individually height-adjusted in increments of 30mm.
The rolling window bar provides a continuous platform support for load distribution and is particularly useful on claddings, tile hangings, rendered substrates and where the platform is to be positioned over window openings.
A solar panel bridging ladder is also available.
Prior to use a full on-site risk assessment must be carried out, and in some circumstances the Solar Platform must be tied into the structure.