This RIBA Accredited CPD presentation ensures an understanding of how to specify the right expansion joint cover for the building’s use.
It will help you to understand the following topics:
- Understand what expansion joints are and why they are required
- Understand what an expansion joint cover is and its function within a building
- Understand building movement expressed in various ways
- Be aware of the different types of expansion joint covers available
- Understand factors that influence selection and specify the correct expansion joint cover for the building’s needs
RIBA Core Curriculum: Designing and building it: design, construction, technology and engineering
Knowledge level: General Awareness.